The newly launched Lakme Enrich Matte lipsticks are so raved about because of their quality provided at the best price. Yeah, these matte lipsticks are the most affordable ones in this segment in the market. Moreover, they come in 20 shades, designed to match every skin tone. With a palette of 20 vibrant and trendy shades, there is a definite shade for everyone. I picked up two shades: RM11 and WM10, certainly good picks! To pick a suitable shade for you, let me take you through all their shades and performance.
Price: INR 295 for 4.7 g
Shelf life: 2 years
Ingredients: Not listed. It would have been great if Lakme had included the ingredients list in the outer carton box.
Product Description: Lakme Enrich Matte Lipstick covers your lips with pure, intense color in a smooth matte finish. Take your pick from shades that were designed to suit Indian skin tones.
My Experience with Lakme Enrich Matte Lipsticks
Packaging: These lipsticks come in a transparent tube with a silver case. They have the same packaging as their Enrich Satin lipsticks except for their silver case in a matte finish. I really appreciate the detailing Lakme has taken up to differentiate their range of lipsticks. The outer paperboard carton is a metallic silver box and contains all the necessary information, except the ingredients list. The cap shuts off with a click, making it travel friendly. It would have been great if the shelf life was printed at the bottom of the tube. Their svelte-pointed tip makes it easier to even apply at the inner corner of the lips. For the price they come, it is quite a decent packaging.
Texture: The texture of these lipsticks differs from shade to shade. Some are soft and creamy while some are dry and streaky. Some give a proper matte finish, some give a creamy matte finish, and some give a satiny matte finish. This range consists of mostly dark and pigmented shades. However, they do not show up that pigmented on the lips. Almost 3 layers bring out color intensity. They do not feel heavy with multiple layers but a little patchy. These lipsticks too have the same weird scent as that of their Enrich Satin lipsticks. Lakme, please stop this!
Shades: Each of the Lakme Enrich Matte lipsticks gives us long-lasting lip color and an even, luscious coat to the lips. These lipsticks come in 20 shades, ranging from pinks to plums to reds to oranges to browns, absolutely ideal colors for Indian skin tones. The shades are not named but numbered in a color-coded pattern. Lipsticks numbered with letters “RM” are red matte shades, “PM” are pink matte shades, “OM” are orange matte shades, “WM” are wine matte shades, and “BM” are brown matte shades.
- PM10: A hot raspberry pink shade that is soft, smooth, and slightly creamy.
- PM11: A neutral pink shade that is dry and patchy.
- PM12: A coral pink shade that is soft and creamy.
- PM13: A bright blue-based, cool-toned pink shade that is soft and smooth.
- PM14: A nude pink shade with mauve undertones that is soft and smooth.
- PM15: A hot fuchsia pink shade that is soft, smooth, and slightly creamy.
- RM10: A deep maroon shade that is dry, streaky, and uneven.
- RM11: A deep brown shade with maroon undertones that is soft and creamy. For a detailed review, click HERE.
- RM12: A brick red shade that is soft, smooth, and gel matte.
- RM13: A burgundy red shade that is soft, smooth, and slightly creamy.
- RM14: A bright bridal red shade with slightly bluish undertones that is soft and smooth.
- RM15: A sultry, dark rose red that is dry and patchy.
- OM10: A warm orange shade that is soft, smooth, and slightly creamy.
- OM11: A rusty orange shade that is dry and patchy.
- OM12: A peachy orange shade that is dry and patchy.
- WM10: A mauve wine shade that is soft, smooth, and creamy. For a detailed review, click HERE.
- WM11: A proper wine shade that is soft and smooth.
- BM10: A nude brown shade that is soft, smooth, and slightly creamy.
- BM11: A soft wood brown shade that is soft, smooth, and slightly creamy.
- BM12: A deep brown shade that is dry, streaky, and uneven.
Performance: Being matte lipsticks, some shades are quite moisturizing and non-drying on the lips. The vitamin E content nourishes the lips, and olive extracts replenish the lips while hydrating them. The formula is comfortable and lightweight. However, some shades have a patchy and streaky application, which is certainly a turndown. They do accentuate dry patches if lips are not really exfoliated. These lipsticks stay put on the lips very well. They do not crease nor settle into fine lines. The color minimally transfers, which is great. However, they cannot survive food intake; touching up is mandatory. The staying power differs from shade to shade. However, they are easily removable. Overall, these are really affordable matte lipsticks available in the market.
Would I Recommend Lakme Enrich Matte Lipsticks
If you are looking for affordable matte lipsticks or someone who want to build up your lipstick collection, this range is good to go!